From the Employes Magazine of the Buffalo, Rochester & Pittsburgh Railroad, August, 1916. There were many more daily papers at the time, including at least three dailies in German, but these were the biggest ones. Note, by the way, the spelling “Pittsburg” on the Press building. By 1916, the spelling had finally been standardized as “Pittsburgh” for postal purposes, but the Press stubbornly stuck to the spelling without the H into the 1930s.
Why should the beautiful die?